Rifampin inhibits the bacterial ribosome by complexing with the beta-subunit encoded by the rpoB gene. Resistance to rifampin is mediated by specific mutations in the beta-subunit of the rRNA polymerase or less commonly by drug inactivation and drug binding.
Deprecated: The behavior of unparenthesized expressions containing both '.' and '+'/'-' will change in PHP 8: '+'/'-' will take a higher precedence in /home/meglabuser/megares.meglab.org/src/Sequence.php on line 169
- Rifampin ADP-ribosyltransferase Arr
- Rifampin glycosyltransferase
- Rifampin phosphotransferase
- Rifampin-resistant beta-subunit of RNA polymerase RpoB
- RNA-polymerase binding protein